THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. HOWEVER, I DO ADVISE YOU TO GET LEGAL ADVICE, AND NOT TO TAKE YOUR ADVICE FROM THE RIAA, THE MPAA, YOUR SCHOOL, OR ANYONE ELSE WHO IS NOT YOUR LAWYER.
These are my suggestions to college students being targeted by the RIAA:
1. Join together with other students who are being targeted, pool your financial resources, and hire an attorney who is ready, willing, and able to (a) advise you of your rights and (b) fight the RIAA's "John Doe" cases when they are brought.
2. Bring to your college or university's attention my "Open Letter to Colleges and Universities"
3. Join or start campus charters of Digital Freedom and/or FreeCulture.
4. Remember that the RIAA does not presently have your identity, and that by calling them or visiting their web site you may be giving them your identity.
5. Read and learn about your rights.